Theme Preview Rss

Sounds Like Tour

For me listening to music has always conjured up memories of when I first heard that song or band. For example (don't judge) the old 3 Doors Down record makes me think of China (my family went on a trip there about the same time I bought the CD and it played on loop the entire time). In the same way Anberlin's "Never Take Friendship Personal" always makes me think of snowboarding out west.
This past week I saw a show that flooded me with memories of sketchy summer touring. A veteran Charlotte band called The Verdict played a reunion show at Tremont and I was in attendance to reminisce and film the set for my buddy Jason (the drummer) for his touring resume. Philmont's maiden tour voyage years ago was a two week stent with The Verdict across the mid-west.
We were just starting out and taking whatever shows we could get which usually meant playing for 30 bucks then sleeping in the van or camping out at state parks. They are some of my fondest touring memories and I try to keep them in mind today when we get to play a show and then go stay at a hotel-- It reminds me how blessed we truely are to be doing what we're doing.

Oh sweet nostalgia.








If you wanna see some of the videos I did (or you're in need of a drummer or tour manager) visit Jason Howie's website.
Until next time.
-Scott

0 comments:

Post a Comment